WooCommerce is definitely one of the biggest players in the eCommerce world these days. And, as your customers become more used to booking appointments online, rather than calling ahead, it’s more important than ever that you cater to this need.
If you are running a WooCommerce shop, (think hotel, travel, tours, spa, fitness trainer, salon, or consultant), and wish to provide a user-friendly booking system for your clients, keep reading.
Today I am going to share with you the top benefits of offering an online booking solution to your site visitors, as well as some of the very best booking solutions available for WooCommerce. This way you can understand how to make your business even more successful, and find a way to show your customers what you have available so they can book an appointment to see you or your team – all with a few simple clicks.
Why Have an Online Booking Plugin?
1. Quick and Efficient Appointment Making
Everyone is busy. That’s a natural fact, and one that is not going to change anytime soon. By offering your busy customers a way to book appointments online, you make things more convenient for them.
Think about it:
- No more placing interested customers on hold when they call you because you are on the other line with another customer
- After hour appointment making (think late night or early morning) booking is now a possibility so customers don’t have to wait until you are open to call (which may interfere with their work schedules)
- Customers can easily see what is available and when without having to discuss back and forth availability with you or your team
2. Improved Organization
If you are running a very busy (and successful) online business, chances are you have tons of customers at all times making purchases, asking questions, booking and coming for appointments, and more. In addition, you are having to deal with all of the admin tasks related to your business, both off and online.
Unless you are a super organized person, offering an online booking solution just makes things easier. No more confusing paper and pen calendars, double bookings, forgotten appointment reminders, or lost invoices. Instead, a solid online booking solution will give you and your team the tools needed to keep everything related to appointment making organized and in one convenient location.
When it comes to running a business, help is always well, helpful. If you are looking for a way to keep your business’s appointments in order, take a look at the following WooCommerce booking solutions.
WooCommerce Booking Plugins
There are plenty of booking solutions when it comes to your run of the mill WordPress website. That said, when it comes to WooCommerce booking solutions, the options are much slimmer.
However, the choices I am going to share with you offer plenty of features, a wide range of price points, and full integration with WooCommerce so that your booking needs are taken care of, regardless of which option you choose to use.
WooCommerce Bookings is a powerful WooCommerce extension that allows you to sell time or date-based bookings. For example, by adding a new product type to your WooCommerce site, WooCommerce Bookings allows customers to reserve their spot without ever having to leave your website, make a phone call, or walk into your shop. In addition, sell overnight bookings, tickets, tours, hotel reservations, appointments, and even rentals, directly from your website. Better yet, view your site’s bookings in a visually stunning calendar or easy to read list format.
Additional features include:
- Book dates and times based on availability avoiding over or double booking
- Real-time availability displays to site visitors
- Create fixed times slots
- Allow multi-person bookings
- Send customer email notifications
- Approve all appointments or let customers book right away
Overall, for those offering appointments, services, or rentals, this official WooCommerce add-on is an ideal booking solution.
The Booking & Appointment Plugin for WooCommerce, brought to you by the talented team at Tyche Softwares, is another flexible booking solution for those who want to boost appointments, stay organized, and offer exceptional customer service. Start by offering any WooCommerce product as a bookable product, or link with other WooCommerce product types such as simple, variable, grouped, composite, or product bundles. Moreover, approve or deny bookings, export and import bookable orders to Google Calendar, and translate your content using the popular WPML translation plugin.
Additional features include:
- Add global or product-specific holidays, blackout days, or exclude days
- Implement recurring booking days
- Customize the booking field labels and availability messages customers see
- View your business’ bookings in list or calendar views
- Real-rime availability that consistently updates to prevent over booking
- Set special prices for weekdays, time slots, or special dates
Altogether, this flexible booking solution comes in nearly as strong as the official WooCommerce extension, and at a lower price point, making this solution a bit more affordable to smaller businesses or those with a stricter budget.
Fully compatible with the WooCommerce plugin you run your online store with, RnB – WooCommerce Rental & Booking System is a user-friendly booking solution allowing you to set time or date based bookings on your website. For instance, set unlimited bookable products and access real-time inventory stats. Plus, allow customers to request a quote and even implement price discounts on special booking times or dates. In addition, integrate with your Google Calendar, translate your content with WPML, and send out email notifications, making things more organized, expansive, and time-friendly.
Additional features include:
- Unlimited product features
- Minimum and maximum booking days
- Set required deposits
- Determine pickup and return location costs
- Configure date formats
- Set date blocking to exclude certain days
Overall, this revolutionary booking plugin competes with some of the most popular WooCommerce booking solutions on the market, offering a wide range of features for keeping your customers satisfied.
WooCommerce Easy Booking offers website owners a simple way to offer products as booked or rented, without the cost of being a premium booking solution. Though not nearly as popular as some of the other solutions, this booking plugin lets you add one or two fields to each product page and calculate a price based on a daily, nightly, weekly, or custom basis. Need more features? Check out these premium add-ons that extend the functionality of WooCommerce Easy Booking:
- Availability Check. Manage product stocks and availabilities.
- Duration Discounts. Apply discounts or surcharges depending on booking duration.
- Disable Dates. Disable days, dates, and date ranges for booking.
- Pricing. Set different prices depending on days, dates, and date ranges.
In the end, this free plugin offers a basic booking solution for your WooCommerce website, while providing reasonably priced extensions if you need a little bit more.
Another WooCommerce integrated booking solution available to those looking to allow customers to rent accommodations, schedule services, book events, or receive online reservations is Pinpoint Booking System. To start, translate content to cater to a global audience and accept payments via the secure PayPal payment system. Next, maintain complete control of things like booking hours and days and even create customized booking forms for times when you need additional information from your customers.
Additional features include:
- AJAX calendar with clean interface
- One page booking process for customer convenience
- Powerful admin area for managing reservations
- Fully responsive and adaptable to all device sizes
- Change currencies to match your target audience
- Share business location on PINTPOINT.WORLD for increased brand exposure
In conclusion, this booking plugin offers all the features you need to maximize your business’ booking potential – free of charge. However, for those wanting to extend with premium add-ons, check out what the Pinpoint Booking System has available here.
In the end, there are a few solid options available for your booking needs if you are running a WooCommerce shop. And, with the benefits a booking system provides to both you and your customers, there really is no reason not to invest some time and possibly money into a WooCommerce booking plugin for your WordPress website.
Disclosure: From time to time, our blog posts will contain affiliate links for services we actually use and recommend. This means if you click on the link and purchase something, we will receive an affiliate commission.
Share This Post